ELA interim assessments are optional assessments that teachers can use at two strategic points in the year. These assessments are not tied to the curriculum text; rather, they offer a more generic pre- and post- assessment option. Therefore, the results of these assessments help teachers gain an understanding of student performance outside of the data provided within Amplify.
To access Interim Assessments:
- Log into Amplify Curriculum
- Open the Global Navigation
- Select Interim Assessments icon in the Global Navigation Menu:
The Interim Assessments application will launch in a new tab.
Note: The Interim Assessments application is a delivery mechanism, and not a platform in which students take the assessments.
Assessments can be accessed in one of two ways – either on paper, or through the third-party provider Illuminate*.
- Select the "On Paper" menu bar.
- Select specific PDFs to download, or select a grade level to download all of the assessments in that grade.
- The PDF assessments will be packaged in a ZIP file and downloaded to your computer.
If a school is an active Illuminate customer, they can get the interim assessment activated by emailing Support at firstname.lastname@example.org, who will in turn contact Illuminate on their behalf.
*Schools need to have purchased access through Illuminate ahead of time.